Monday, June 1, 2009

Thing 28

iGoogle is the productivity center for me!! I have been using some key features including the calendar, which I do share between home and work. I use this feature daily, first to keep me on track at work and second as a way to keep track of scheduling home activities inline with what's on the calendar for work. I also have the date and time up all the time, so when I'm working at home or work I have a quick reference, which is much larger than the time alone down in the right hand corner of the computer :) My age showing?

Other pieces to my iGoogle page I use regular include the Word of the Day to help challenge and improve my vocabulary, the weather center so I can stay current on temp., map search is always quick and handy when I need to look for locations and directions. For my personal fun I have my daily horoscope, the Google tip of the day, and current YouTube offerings. Maybe most importantly I use my To Do list as a way to stay focused on daily/weekly activities, again whether for home or work.

The first thing I do when I arrive at work each morning is bring up my iGoogle page, and the day just goes from there. Weekends, I never use my computer without having my page up just in case I need to clarify a date on the calendar, or check something off my To Do list.

No comments: